Saturday, April 4, 2009

Abstract Children's Poems

I did this as an illustration for a nursery rhyme/poem I wrote. You read down for the first verse, then flip the image to read the second. I've included both orientations so you don't have to stand on your head (or upend your laptop.)

Photobucket




Photobucket

The poem reads:

The birds fly up,
The birds fly down.
The birds fly underneath the ground.
In layers of silt, beneath our feet,
Their feathers rustle, deep on deep.

John walks up,
John walks down.
John walks to another town.
Dust in his mouth, dust in his shoes,
Birds overhead, in ones and twos.

2 comments:

  1. This is really good. The poem is both charming and haunting - I get a complete sense of experience, in so few words. The artwork seems to have Asian as well as Eastern European influence - I'm interested in what your inspiration was, also if there's more to this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is excellent. The flow is very whimsical.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.